Monday, December 24, 2007

Sooner or later

Sooner or later, everyone with whom I share a relationship with a sexual aspect (talk sex with, have sex with, or reads my writings) asks me:
Are you a sub (or dom)?
I know there are people who are strictly dom or sub, but that sort of thing doesn't work for me.
For me, sex is almost always expressing some part of the relationship, or emotional context. Whether I'm making love with a girlfriend, fooling around with a 'friend with benefits' or pinning you against the wall, there's a reason our bodies are in contact, a reason you are touching me.

Which isn't to say that I'm always submissive to a particular person, or dominant to another, or just something else. Sometimes, whatever 'mode' I'm in, its only an expression of what I'm feeling about you, me, us right then and there.

I guess the best metaphor would be a discussion. Sometimes, its a topic I defer to the other person on, sometimes its something I know I know best, and sometimes its a topic I can't handle being wrong about (we all have things we don't talk about particularly rationally).

Or maybe...maybe right there, when I'm nowhere else but with you, when I let go of myself and give in to the moment, when we can learn secret things about each other, we are having a relationship as real, right then, as any other.

And maybe, just maybe, thats why you are there.

Read my flesh. I'll hear your sweat.

No comments: